View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post

I get that you're probably playing the devil's advocate here to some degree, but it's really not very plausible. You seem under the impression that the race thing is something I jumped to and am alone in; by no means is that the case. I think it's pretty widely accepted that that's where he was coming from. It's not because everyone wants something to be upset about (although I'm sure there's some of that, there always is) but because it's about the only thing that makes any sense.
[/SIZE][/I]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
That is one heck of a reach.

You seem under the impression that the race thing is something I jumped to and am alone in; by no means is that the case. I think it's pretty widely accepted that that's where he was coming from. It's not because everyone wants something to be upset about (although I'm sure there's some of that, there always is) but because it's about the only thing that makes any sense.
[/SIZE][/I]
It’s only widely accepted if your on that side of the fence. Cherry has been using the term “ you people “ for over 35 years in many of his commentary’s. People who have not watched Cherry regularly for the last 35 years “ JUMPED “ at the opportunity to slam him with IMO their uneducated points of view on a man that many knew nothing about. They and you paint him as a racist which could not be farther from the truth. He is a patriot not a racist.

Canada’s armed forces has a history and it needs to be remembered and honoured always as to prevent history repeating itself. Remembrance Day is one way we have set aside time to reflect on the men and woman who serve and those who we lost. Anyone who promotes that and calls out those who don’t take the time to is A ok in my book.

Like it or not Cherry is, always has been and always will be a great Canadian. He does and has always had a great passion for our Canadian Troops and has always used Coaches Corner as a platform to raise recognition for our fallen and serving men and women from the armed forces. With the firing and witch hunt that ensued following Cherries comments we lost a great platform, advocate, and voice for those who have and continue to serve.

As for other other countries and immigrants that served in wars under other countries that’s great good on them. But Remembrance Day is Canada’s way of honouring Canadian soldiers and their contributions. If your in Canada respect that. One major way to respect that is buy spending a couple a bucks on a poppy for crying out loud.