View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
“Them” is all nations. See all nations have warred with another at some point causing hate. When Germans moved to Canada after WW2 and were mistreated because Canadians are natural Xenophobes. I see now. Shall Justin write a cheque for Canadians wronging then too? Xenophobia is a joke. Every nation has another they dislike. In school, I hung out with certain people. Some of the other cliques didn’t like my clique. I didn’t like there’s. That’s not xenophobia; it’s human nature. And using a sports analogy is perfectly acceptable. You don’t have to like and accept everyone on earth. If we didn’t like each other in person it’s not because of the dreaded xenophobia.

Don very well could have seen a large group of Russians not wearing poppies speaking Russian as he could have seen a colour of skin that you are reaching for. He could very well know the demographics and seen people not speaking English and figured they had recently immigrated. Was he wrong? If it’s his observation it’s not wrong. Were you downtown Toronto to witness what he witnessed. I wasn’t. I’ll take his for it.

To bring my point home, you tried to find some sort of outrage because I used the word “them”. I really don’t like you people. Having never met you, what am I referring to as you people?
I wasn't looking to be outraged. Im actively trying to help you understand why his comments are a bad thing.

The first paragraph about is rambling nonsense. So far you compared hating a football team, and a clique hating your clique to xenophobia. I am unsure if you just don't understand the term or you are being willfully ignorant. Either way. None of the things you described are xenophobic.

In your world, hatred is human nature. Thats a little depressing.

As for what Don was doing or seeing, you are doing some impressive mental gymnastics here and yet, still not making sense.

I don't think you'll ever get this and thats sad, but a fact of life. I feel neither of us are going to change our minds.

Have a good evening!