View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 10:05 AM

20 years working would make you less than 40. Still got a lot of working years in you. I know there is a big shortage of good trades people. My nephew runs large crews in B.C. and Alberta, finding qualified tradesman is hard, getting the good ones to stay more than a few months is even harder because someone is always stealing his best folks.

The idea that older workers are a liability may well be the view of some, but it is not everyone. My nephew would hire a whole crew of 40 year olds if he could get them, the 20 year olds miss half their days because they are hung over and a bunch more days with low output for the same reason. Keeping up to the young guys isn't usually a problem.

The City of Edm was looking for apprentice electricians a couple of weeks ago. Another area that is growing fast Electric Vehicle repair, which might be easier on the body than regular electrical work. Should not take you long talking to prospective employers to find out how hard it will be to get an apprenticeship role in your locale.

Last edited by Dean2; 03-16-2024 at 10:13 AM.