View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 04:58 PM

Default fishing update

Thanks for all the good ideas. I thought I would give an update Turned out there was a campground with facilities so that was easy. I arrived early to set up. putting a tent up in the wind with a five year old adds its own challeges. I did manage to find my tent screw pegs after it was up... Fishing was slow some small jack it was good to see the kids light up when a fish came through the hole. perch were nibbling or not at all. The kids did good trying to catch a fish but they would eventually loose interest. I caught the smallest perch in the history of fishing.... my 5 year old thought it was a minnow. .. hahaha. We had 2 kids with feet in the holes... one was mine and another little fellow. New boots pants and socks they were ready to rock. One ice scooper down the hole. A leader brought out a 20x20 tent for shelter.... we watched it fly accross the lake....its in good shape. We had a weiner roast and a huge container of hot chocolate for the kids. Lots of parents showed up so there was lots of help. No one got hurt and we came home with the same amount of kids as we arrived with. I have to say it was a slow fishing day but awsome trip for all. I would post some picks but.of legality s other peoples kids etc I will try and upload some of my son and I later. Have a safe weekend