Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prdtrgttr View Post
Norm, have u ever used a carter evolution release? It's something that Dudley recommends for beginning archers. I've used it with my boys as well. Simple release to use as you draw with your thumb on the safety, and release at full draw. Then the archer just focuses on pulling through, using their back muscles. This release takes the trigger out of the shot sequence equation. A great release and training tool; something I wish I would have found years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money on releases and also provided more meat in my freezer.[emoji3]

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk
I have used a Stan Element pull through. Same idea. Not for me. I have a very high success rate hunting with a bow, and I kill most things I go after without using a hinge or a pull through. I fire my Scott Echo (and other index finger releases before it) using the same principle as the element except I don't have to keep thumb tension on the barrel until I'm settled and ready to execute. I also won't lose it if it's on my wrist, and there are a few less moving parts. It is also easily usable with a Mitt or a thick glove on, all I have to do is get my finger out to make the shot, and they make mitts specifically for that purpose.

We can go on and on like thi forever, and really it's not that big of a deal. My daughters both use index finger releases, and they have fun. In the end that's all that counts.

Norm