Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prdtrgttr View Post
Norm, have u ever used a carter evolution release? It's something that Dudley recommends for beginning archers. I've used it with my boys as well. Simple release to use as you draw with your thumb on the safety, and release at full draw. Then the archer just focuses on pulling through, using their back muscles. This release takes the trigger out of the shot sequence equation. A great release and training tool; something I wish I would have found years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money on releases and also provided more meat in my freezer.[emoji3]

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk
Dudley also speaks about how if you have improper form due to fatigue or what not, that you can pull through till you’re blue in the face and the release won’t go off! I believe there is a place for all types of releases, what works for one person, will not always work for another. I started out shooting with wrist strap caliper releases 12 years ago, I still own two of them, but I’m experimenting with a hinge, and want to try out some thumb button and tension activated releases to work on a surprise release. I’d love to try a bunch of them, but they’re so expensive.