Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
Everything that you are saying about developing form flaws and bad habits will apply to any type of release that you want to try. I know. I've tried them all and I've had all the problems and have had to work in and out of them. I have been around the block 3 times on release types, and can happily say that I have settled and commited to the one of my choice.

The problem with hinges or pull through a for an average beginner is that the will likely not be someone there to give adequate instruction for any length of time and sometimes the podcast just don't cut it. I would never recommend a hinge or a pull through for a beginning archer of any age. Start with an index or thumb and learn to make them and your form work properly. Once you have done that then you will understand how to make hinges and pull throughs work correctly. In The mean time you will have saved yourself a few punches in the nose and a few lost arrows and a lot of frustration.

Jmo

Norm
Norm, have u ever used a carter evolution release? It's something that Dudley recommends for beginning archers. I've used it with my boys as well. Simple release to use as you draw with your thumb on the safety, and release at full draw. Then the archer just focuses on pulling through, using their back muscles. This release takes the trigger out of the shot sequence equation. A great release and training tool; something I wish I would have found years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money on releases and also provided more meat in my freezer.[emoji3]

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk