Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I can agree with pretty much everything that has been said in this thread, impartial and personal recommendations that will steer OP in the right direction. But to this bit posted above, I have to politely and respectfully ask 'why?'. I know plenty of very capable and fine archers who have only ever used trigger style releases, and had great success both in hunting and in target shooting. So, why in your opinion is this absolutely not something to do? As far as I'm concerned, you shoot what you are most comfortable with, including bow, release and the rest of the gear.
I agree with the above. There are quite a few pro archers that use a caliper release. It's all about "how" you shoot it. If you Shoot it like a rifle trigger, you will have issues with target panic. If you "pull through" the release using back tension you will have better success.

For hunting, sometime you MUST have a shot get off at a specific point...a caliper release IMHO, is the best for hunting applications. Also with it attached to your wrist it won't fall out of your pocket and you are least likely to lose it.

Just my opinion.

LC