Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Banned

If bow hunting is something you are serious about, get quality equipment from the ground up. Whatever brand you choose, make sure it's the "pro series" and not an entry level bow. An entry level bow will get you out there, and by all means can get the job done, but often lack qualities that will make a difference in tuning and ultimately accuracy. I'm not saying it has to be the most expensive bow on the rack, just the upper line in quality.

Another thing I would recommend against is packed bows, or the "RTH" deal. Sure they come with everything you need to get hunting, but often times the accessories are cheap, really cheap. If you are serious about hunting with it, buy a quality arrow rest and a quality sight. Personally, on a hunting bow I wouldn't go crazy on a stabilizer, it's there to balance out your bow to steady the shot, that's it. I like Spot Hogg sights because they're built like a tank with tough parts but there are a few others on the market that are good, Axcel and HHA are a couple others I would recommend. As far as arrow rests go, I think a QAD ultra rest is about as good as it gets.

Bows are like women (or if your a lady like men), everyone has their personal opinion of what they like. Everyone has different bodies and different muscle structure. Some people like when the cam stacks up up front, some Luke when it stacks up at the back. Some people like a valley (the slack at full draw) and some like holding tight into the back wall. The idea of a huge valley with little to no holding weight seems nice, but I personally find I'm more accurate holding tight into the wall. Different strokes for different folks. These a a few reasons that you absolutely have to go to a pro shop and test a few different bows from a few different manufacturers to see which fits your body type best. Nobody can pick a bow for you.

My choice in bows differs from some others, it may or may not differ from what you might like. To me, for hunting nothing is better than a carbon riser, in particular Hoyt Carbon bows but there are a few other bows I like shooting, I just wish they came with a quality Carbon riser like the ones Hoyt makes.

Good luck with choosing your new bow, but be careful....... it's addictive!