Thread: Recommended Bow
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Go to a bow shop and try everyone you can get your hands on...and I mean a real bow shop, not a box store.

Then practice the hell out of it and determine your ethical effective range...and stick to it.

LC
^All of Lefty's comments are very great advice, but the highlighted one you will hear more than anything; there's good reason for that.... It's because it's more true with Archery than any other shooting sport. Aim small, miss small. Practice, practice, practice until you think you've practiced enough, then practice some more.

As far as bow brands? They all will have a bow that you will like. It becomes personal choice from there. I'm sure you have a favorite rifle brand? Why is it your favorite?

My personal choice is (like bowhunter) a Hoyt. The Hoyt brand has resided in my hands since 2003 and I can't see myself going to anything else (again, personal choice and favorite). But I can honestly say that IF you can afford it, buying a bare bow then outfitting it with the accessories that you want, not necessarily the same brand as the bow is more important to me...

Sure my bow doesn't carry a Hoyt quiver (actually doesn't carry a quiver at all) or a Hoyt rest or a Hoyt sight, but the accessories that I do have on it have never let me down....

Some solid advice above with regards to the pro shops.... I find that Jimbows will sell me accessories that work, not really what will turn a buck for the shop.... They do give good advice!

Best of luck in your search! Welcome to the dark side!

J.