View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM

My idea of a reliable rifle is one that Chambers bullets from the feed, and a scope that stays true threw the whole harvest season.

I've had good success with those Lee Enfields, Muasers, Rugers, Reminingtons, Winchester's, and Weatherbys.

The simplest set up allows for less chances of things getting bumped off IMO only that is.

Reliable is a bolt & firing pin, a good set of rings, mounts, and optics. A rifle barrel rifle that holds consistency.

Find something with a solid stock, a action that you want to Jack rounds threw, something that gives you spot on accuracy with first shot along with follow up if needed.

A trigger that works every time in all temperatures with the same pull every time.

You don't need too break the bank too find good quality bases, rings and optics, up too you too research this at the budget that will suit your funds.

We know we have it right when our rifle takes the bumps and grinds all season long as it holds true even threw the un-expected stuff that comes along.

None of us know when our rifle will tumble out of a truck onto the ground, or fall over at the Harvesting camp.

The above is only my take on reliable as each person has what works for them.

Don