View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 09:06 AM

This would be my most trusted, a Sako vixen, fitted with a weaver steel, K4 in .222, my old culling rifle, Its got bluing worn off, worn and bruised wood, and I had a bad fall 25 years ago, and cracked the stock, chipped the wood of the fore stock, field patch, enough to use, and bought a new stock, didn't shoot as good with new stock, so refitted the old stock and carried on,
never had scope off and only ever had to adjust for different ammo.
Bought new in 1970, when Dad was in New Zealand Forest service, it spent a few seasons culling on the coast, and I took it over in 1985 when I got my firearms licence, I've shot likely 3000 plus, head of game, goats, deer, chamois and the odd pig, and sheep, likely Dad, and one of his culler's, he loaned it too, have shot many more,
Many the mornings, in the grey light and mist, of a new day, ive wandered away form camp, while thumbing six 55 gr soft points down,
Its never let me down, has more rounds threw it, that most hunting rifles will ever see, Even now 20 years since I left NZ for work, I can pick this rifle up, and it feels like it is a part of me, I trust it with out fail.

Feral goat, shot May 2016,