View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
If i could rename this thread "What is your most dependable used Rifle setup" it might be more inclined for what I was interested in hearing. I would like to hear more of people's individual actual most trusted hunting rifle setup, not the idea of what the end of times rifle selection should be. A lot of us appreciate a good scope, there's a reason we arent all using mausers lee enfields and break action single shots.
I still use an Enfield occasionally , not a no.5 but a no.4, and it has a 50 year old old
2 1/2X Kahles on it, totally dependable and so are the irons.

My main hunting rifle for the last 7 or so years is a Ruger single shot, with express sights and a 1-4X Leupold for longer shots , although I have also had a 4X and a 6X on it, all Leupolds
it stays in the packsack unless the animal cannot be taken with the express sights- or I decide to hunt with a scope that day.
Both rifles are totally dependable and have never broken, nor have any of the other Enfields or Mausers , Browning single shots or Rugers I have hunted with in the past , or my main trapline gun which was a break action 30/30.
Rock solid dependable every one.....
Cat