View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Gotcha, I'm on it...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...kills-with-one

A quick google turns up this real quick...good read from hunters in BC where crossbow allowed and many guys who hunt with them along with compounds and recurves giving opinion to the question on the tools effectiveness.

So of the provinces in Canada that run the crossbow as just another bow we have;

BC
Ontario
NWT
Quebec (most zones)
PEI
Nunavet
Nova Scotia

And just like in the bazillion states they r allowed, and the provinces they r allowed...they r just another bow.....yet somehow Alberta will be impacted so hugely they shouldn't be allowed? Total crock potty, like BC doesn't have really diverse game and terrain etc. Don't get me wrong, pretty awesome province but we somehow we r so fragile and extra special diverse that the crossbow becomes some evil mass killing machine? Just can't buy into to that potty. One of the provinces with caribou down east won't allow the use of crossbow on caribou...everything else yes...anyhow, just an example, worried about antelope or sheep? Don't use em there if concern...so not like there aren't plenty of ways or species this tool can't fit in no sweat....but they got muleys, elk and sheep in BC and listen to what their own guys with actual hunt experience say in thread above...I remember reading same stuff everywhere they play together...it's just another bow option.
Stinky. Factual facts please.

PEI. LOL. There is no big game hunting in PEI. So, while I credit you on this fact, I take away any credit with the fact that there is no big game on the island.

Nova Scotia. Wrong again. Use of crossbows by certified hunters is legal for hunting all species that may be harvested with a bow or firearm except during the Special Open Seasons for Bowhunting.

Quebec. Has restrictions on the use of a crossbow.

USA. Most states do not allow unrestricted use of a crossbow.

Fact of the matter is: The majority of provinces in Canada do not support unrestricted use of crossbows. The majority of states in the USA do not support unrestricted use of crossbows.

Why?