View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Obviously you need help with the tables.

In table one it shows that the 143 ELDX still has its terminal performance at 1800 fps. In table two it had it shows the 6.5 Creedmoor launching a 143gr ELDX out of their factory ammunition still is moving 2030fps at 500yds.

Now I'll help you put table one and table two together. When you shoot a 143gr ELDX out of a 6.5 Creedmoor, the velocity at 600yds will be right at 1800fps, and going with the specs given from Hornady, the bullet will still be traveling fast enough for the bullet to still have terminal performance as claimed by Hornady.

You don't believe what you see on YouTube when the guy flattens an elk at 600yds with the Creedmoor. You don't believe what Hornady claims about the 143gr ELDX and the 6.5 Creedmoor, but for some reason I'm the one who has to bone up???

Bahahahaha!!! Why am I not surprised.
I really don't need to see the tables. I'll take them as gospel.
If you want to hunt Game at factory ammo minimums that's your call.
I think I've had enough experience with various 6.5's in all scenarios over the years to at least have a clue as to their capabilities. I don't need charts or gunwriters for that, nor do I need you or any of the YouTube stuff.

In that one UT video you refer to, you saw a guy with a rifle and a cartridge telling you how great it was. Then, in another frame you saw a Cow Elk, In a following frame you saw him on the trigger and a shot. In yet another frame you saw a Cow Elk take a hit.. Never once did you see all events in the same frame. . If you can't convince them with facts, dazzle them with B---S---. one of the oldest sales schemes on the Globe and used by most advertisers in one form or another to this day.. So yes, I'm always a bit skeptical of promo stuff . Not saying it didn't happen but ...
Anyway. I'll leave this topic from this point and you can continue with your chart reading.. . Have fun.