View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
MK as a Chesapeake owner of the best gundog ive ever owned (including past labs), i respect this statement. Especially coming from a devout Lab guy. Such an intelligent comment man. The ONLY thing that a lab will outperform a chesapeake in (Generally) is the speed game...and the pretty looking dog test.However, i quickly realized a Chesapeakes marking ability alone trumps any downfalls they might possibly have. And i fully agree its because the breed has managed to stay truer to its roots. Ive also learned that im not sure its actually unpredictability, as opposed to needing to be the alpha male or female. My mutt gunner isnt unpredictable at all. He is a ***** to other young male dogs that trot over to ‘say hello’, with their tails up and ears forward challenging gunners authority. I know gunners going to have a chat with a challenging male. Not unpredictable at all, just a dudes dude if you get my drift. Chesapeakes KNOW theyre tough, and therefore you better respect them or theyll remind you. Hands down the best ‘nanny dog’ ive ever owned as well.
I was reading this bit on a duck hunting forum, not exactly this but similar.

A Labrador believes; These humans feed me, shelter me and love me. They must be Gods!

A Chesapeake believes; These humans feed me, shelter me and love me. I must be God!