Thread: Wow..
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 09:48 PM

My daughter & son-in-law bought an acreage earlier this year. Small (3 1/2 acres), but fairly remote. She had a trio show up early this week, young guys (she’s only 32, so I’m guessing early 20’s), wanting to know if they could “shoot there”...not hunt, shoot, followed by one of them saying something about wanting some fresh deer meat.

She’s a good judge of character; something smelled off about these guys, so she told them no, and explained they really only had a big yard, no real farm. She suggested they ask their neighbor, a 1/2km down the road. The guy that’d spoken first said “ yeah, him. We already asked him because we parked there last year! He’s being a dick this year and won’t let us”

While on one hand I applaud his brutal honesty. On the other hand, W.T.F.???
Their neighbor is a dick because he said no???

They left, and she talked to the neighbor later that day. These fellas had brass ones; two of them wound up getting arrested last year! They’d apparently gotten permission to hunt there, and announced their presence with two large, loud diesel pickups the year before at 6:30am, abandoned them in the driveway, went out and proceeded to drink themselves blind.

One thing led to another when they returned to their trucks, and the neighbor called the Police when they were going to try and drive.

These are the kind of people who make me nervous. I actually stopped hunting for close to a decade in the 1980’s because of similar stupid behaviour ( alcohol and guns don’t mix well). It’s almost like it’s coming full circle again...people doing dumb things, and winning dumb prizes