View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbug View Post
There were people at the ATA that were fur buyers too handling your pelts. Some were also trapping ansd you trusted them.
I’m guessing that you haven’t seen the ATA fur depot operation. If you haven’t you really should. It makes Halford’s look Mickey Mouse.

I’m not a member of the ATA and not a shill for them so let’s get that off the table right away. I just made the suggestion for Trappers with concerns.

First, the two fellas that you are referring to are employees and don’t have unfettered access to the buildings and Trapper’s fur. There’s a security system that prevents that. They also don’t have their own fur in the same area where Trapper’s fur is, it’s at home like everyone else. A tri-wall holds 60 coyote pelts and when it’s full the lid goes on and it’s banded up. I had 61 pelts the last time that I was there and I had a tri-wall to myself. After that it’s stored in a separate secured area.

Nothing is foolproof but I honestly don’t think that it’d be worth the effort of dodging the security in place, unloading tri-walls to switch fur and re-band everything afterwards. That goes without saying that they’d lose their job if caught. I don’t think that the risk is worth the effort/reward. Definitely not as easy to do compared to other places.