View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Pappy in AB

Default Re: Crossbows

Quote:
Pappy, again you speak about something you know nothing of and I don't blame you as this is a common misconception in the archery community, due largely to them taking the ostrich approach to learning about crossbows...sticking their heads in the sand. Very few people can get a disabled crossbow permit. Take the time to read the act and you'll see that you must be missing a limb to qualify. So those countless people that are too old, have shoulder, elbow or wrist injuries that prevent them from drawing a vertical bow are excluded.
Don't label me, for you know not of what you speak. I use a bow to hunt with 99.9% of the time and have been doing so for twenty-five years. You shouldn't tell me what I know or what I do not know. I intimately know the regulations concerning the use of a crossbow for persons who are permanently disabled. Believe me, I once had a crossbow license in this province but I never used it. I'll scan it and email it to you should you want to see it. You know, at some point a person must expect that they cannot do the things they once could. Come the day I am infirm or just plain unable to do the things I once could.....I'll reminisce about days gone by. I won't be propped into a blind while someone else cocks my crossbow, struggle to hold it and try to shoot it accurately. Your right though, the crossbow ruling for disabled persons is a joke. There should be no exception for using a crossbow whatsoever. Good luck on your quest.

Quote:
can't see how getting the existing hunters spending more days in the field is a bad thing
Who thinks otherwise? Get a bow and go hunting!!!

Quote:
I think the biggest worry the ABA has is not a rush of new hunters but the fact that 95% of their own members are multi-weapon hunters and are the most likely to try the crossbow......litterally gutting their organization.
Gutting their own organization lol........pure speculation/fantasy.