View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Anything you do in life is easier if the mind is strong and the body in great physical shape, everything from the easiest tasks to the hardest are much more simple and easier accomplished.

So if you think you can plug up a hill thirty pounds over weight with little to no cardio vascular endurance your poor brain will be mush by the time you settle down to glass because by the time you get back to a resting or near resting heart rate the day is over and you got to carry you overweight carcass home....now then there is the next day getting up....snap, crackle, pop....
Yup. I am new to hunting, but not endurance sports or backcountry travel.

Mental toughness is something to be trained as well and a big part of this is having pushed your body passed its comfort zones many times before.

As well, training is where you identify the weak points. This could be pack chaffing points, foot wear, or your right knee that never got pushed enough to hurt before. I personally do not know my weak points yet for a 5 hour pack out in the mountains with 100lbs - so I am going to train. (lol, though my chances of success this year are pretty remote)