View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Nothing went wrong actually. What it really means though is, if they can keep it they will. Which also means any fish in your slot will be kept. Which also means few to make it to spawning size, which can cause a collapse. You can still catch large fish in there, just not one after another. I will say it again, if you keep fish on pressured lakes in Alberta(close to large cities) where there are slow growth rates and short growing seasons you run a risk of those fish never getting over the slot size. Which then collapses the fishery.

Alberta does not compare with other provinces that is also very clear. And without man made reservoirs down south and stocked ponds we would have even less fishing ops. Me thinks you be trolling, instead of fishing.

Are you from out of Province by chance?

Edited: added above-Which also means few to make it to spawning size, which can cause a collapse.
So you're complaining about something that never went wrong? Well that makes sense.

If they can keep a legal sized fish they will Isn't that the idea behind retention?

By few fish you mean what? A level that has been deemed sustainable with numbers backed by a study?

I'm not against having a tag system for lakes close to large cities, but I'd like to see enough tags to keep the populations balanced.

I realize that Alberta, especially southern Alberta does not compare to other provinces, but there are northern and central lakes that compare to some of the higher pressured lakes in Saskatchewan.

I troll, I jig, I bottom bounce, slip bob,and I still fish too.

Born and raised in Alberta.