View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Classic Alberta approach, keep the big ones and wonder what the hell went wrong.

If there was a one fish slot of say 45-55cm, do you think it would have had the same results?

Why would I want to chance it? Because it has been proven to work in other provinces, even on lakes with high fishing pressure.

I'm glad you get it, I'd hate to have to tell you how much I love a good fish fry.
Nothing went wrong actually. What it really means though is, if they can keep it they will. Which also means any fish in your slot will be kept. Which also means few to make it to spawning size, which can cause a collapse. You can still catch large fish in there, just not one after another. I will say it again, if you keep fish on pressured lakes in Alberta(close to large cities) where there are slow growth rates and short growing seasons you run a risk of those fish never getting over the slot size. Which then collapses the fishery.

Alberta does not compare with other provinces that is also very clear. And without man made reservoirs down south and stocked ponds we would have even less fishing ops. Me thinks you be trolling, instead of fishing.

Are you from out of Province by chance?

Edited: added above-Which also means few to make it to spawning size, which can cause a collapse.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 07-21-2017 at 05:13 PM.