View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
No, we don't really want the same thing.

I'm not interested in a sacrificial lamb as part of a solution, I'm not interested in a province full of stunted walleye, I want a healthy total fishery. Like having a healthy ungulate herd, predators play an important role. It's easy to shut down a fishery and cross your fingers, I want a more in depth solution, one that addresses a fishery not just a fish.

My suggestion of a one slot size fish for lakes across the province isn't far off what an increased tag system would be for average fishermen. Not all anglers go out every weekend, with the majority of anglers only getting out a handful of times in a season.

The only reason I choose not to buy include rivers and streams in this conversation is because it's specifically lake retention regulations we are talking about here. My thoughts on rivers and streams are polar opposites. Destruction of habitat starts to play a key roll in that fishery and is a way more in depth topic.
You are all over the place...
In one post you want "balanced" fisheries and in this post you say its too in depth. Sorry but it doesn't take a genius to understand water quality is linked. Whether it is feeder creek, river, spring, ground water or lake shore use / development, etc, etc. Maybe take the word "balanced" out of your discussion and say you are just interested in more harvest opportunities. That is what it seems like to me.