View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Banned

Default Regulation Question

Hey guys. The topic of accesseing a lake for fishing purposes comes up now and then in the fishing forum. Supposedly the lake is public property but you might get in trouble for crossing private property to get to it.
I have been given permission on a new area near Elk Island park to trap. There is a large slough nearby that comes right up to the road. Having a real hard time trying to find out who owns the land around it. Even the landowners nearby have never been able to find out who owns it.
Anyways, this large slough has a big beaver lodge, and you can see a lot of damage to trees in the surrounding area. I could park on the roadside and walk onto this large slough without placing one foot on private property. I doubt the landowners who own the surrounding land would mind, and may even be thankfull to cull the beavers. Of course they may also not want the beavers culled. It is in a holding co. name and owners are from and maybe still living in Pakistan.
I guess what I'm asking is would it be legal to trap on the slough as I am not stepping on any private property. Biggest problem really is that there is no-one to sign a permission form. Anyone had experiance with this type of situation?