Thread: Wolf incident
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Gone Hunting

I was born and raised in Wolf country. In my memory there was one Wolf attack on a human in the district, and that was a clear case of mistaken identity.

However, I would not dismiss a claim of a Wolf attacking a human without knowing a lot more about it then a second hand story.

I know this. For a lot of years wolves were shot on sight by many people.
They were trapped and poisoned and killed by various other means. Run over on the highways for instance.
In short, many Wolves had good reason to be afraid of humans.

I also know that Wolves are incredibly smart and fast learners. And we all know that they are cunning and aggressive hunters.

Given that, I have no doubt that a wolf that has lost it's fear of humans, might well start to think about humans as possible prey.

For a good number of recent years, many people stopped hunting, got rid of their guns or left them at home or in hiding.

I have seen wolf numbers sky rocket over the last couple of decades.

It isn't a stretch to think that some of those Wolves may have lost their fear of humans and are now looking at us as possible prey.

So although I have not read about or heard about any Wolf attacks on humans, I certainly would say it wouldn't happen.

George Bernard Shaw