View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
hard to imagine you didnt read it yourself in several multi page threads. i dont live and hunt there, but you do....if anyone id think you would have gotten the info straight up, but ill throw you a few answers anyway.

ishootsbambi

Excuse me if I didn`t read the right link , and was having problems understanding the Alberta map posted on the sticky, which only provides cases and not numbers tested ,

Hard to imagine you sat back and let me ask the same question over and over yet you only respond after i dig up the answer and make a phone call.....lol...... I even asked a few of the more informative posters try their hand at answering , and got alot of assumptions ..In fact one poster that seems to have quite a reputation on here didn`t think srd was baiting during the cull........ anyways i dug up this, Aug 2012

Solutions (new elements)
- establish ongoing hunter surveillance as a continuing component of F&W budgets.
- open new dialogue with stakeholders, perhaps through AGMAG, to seek novel winter hunting
opportunities that can be tailored to address localized risk around outlier infected deer.
- design and deliver limited removal program in immediate vicinity of infected deer.
Sharpshooters? Aerial delivery?- establish field-level manipulation to target removal of sex/age/species-specific cohort that causes most
disruption of transmission in our habitats. Build on modelling work done at UofA in recent months.
Perhaps use CFB Wainwright ? or WMU 234?
- finalize and adopt the provincial strategy for managing CWD in wild deer.
- expand Hunters-for-Hungry program to facilitate additional harvest in CWD risk areas.
- reopen dialogue with wider public audience regarding CWD.

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/FishWildli...w-May-2012.pdf
Opening new dialogue with stakeholders may be a tough one, after all the lies that were told to some of the local land owners, do you really expect them to believe anything SRD says anymore regarding CWD. Right now SRD trying to access some of the land in 234 that they were allowed to access before (based on lies) could result in some very nasty altercations, (which has a lot to do with why the slaughter by SRD was discontinued, and more hunter tags were allotted.) Another lie by SRD, it was much easier to say their slaughter was being discontinued because of budget cuts, lies, lies and more lies).
They are like the same losers that implemented the gun registry, even though they were told over and over it will not work, they went ahead and wasted millions of dollars anyway, and never did really admit they made a mistake (cowards).
With respect to the slaughter, I am not talking about the actual people who were slaughtering the deer, they were just doing what they were told, I talking about the SOB's who told them to do it.