View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 04:58 PM

Its coming along.

2 half doors for the back, only 1 door becomes the main entrance way once the quad with tracks is on the ground.

I uses them for a few years, give them away and tie into the next one, it's all about improving the next build,,, no big deal since its all about having fun.

Another idea that comes to mind is adding a angle to the splash pannel that is directly behind the cab of the truck.

That way the air flow between the over hang & the roof of the truck "could" improve more smooth air flow.

Aero dynamics is key to fuel mileage "if" this is the part of the builder plan,,, I don't mine burning fuel,,, so long as distance is involved. Fast clip on legs and lifting eye-lets for loading,,, once loaded, take the legs off. That works for me at least.

Weight all so adds into the mix, but driving into a Pincher Creek head wind or on the Colorado flats will burn fuel like there is no tomorrow. Ha.

Been there done that.

Make the base universal so it fits in all trucks that you might own in the future.

Mine fits into my Dodge and Ford 1 ton long boxes, and into the Ford short box 1/2 ton.

That way it can easily be switch over to anyone's truck to head out on a trip.