View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 01:16 PM

Yes they are ugly, that's why we do a chity job making them. Ha

Less chances of getting robbed since no one want to steal from a homeless person.

Any Who, the home made camper project I'm on is build number 7 or 14,,, this lite weight 1" steel frame build is the strongest and most frugal build I've done to date.

About $2000 all in, or I could of bought a custom unit for a pretty fair Chunk of change,,, fat chance of that happening since I'd most likely only use mine about 200 days a year,,, ok,,, all year long since it is my support unit every where I go.

Motorcycle, Quad, fishing, hunting, relaxing shed on wheels.

That's where the light weigth pop-top campers come in handy,,, and a shooting shelter on those cold wind blowen days. I'm sure the wood stove will keep it toasty warm.

No trailer to pull here and there, then drop it off to store it some where, hook up to go,,, bla bla bla as I don't have the time for that.

If it's on my big truck, it's going to get used, it's not like I don't have other trucks on the farm to drive.

No big deal since I can drop the legs to use the unit for other things.

Options,,, lots of options for folks to choose from. Find what works and get at it.

One thing to mention, it helps if your dedicated to the build. It's wize to be all in or it ain't going to happen.

Make sure it is what you want before the build starts, that way all the crap is sorted.

Don