View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The 3-1/2" load exists, because the manufacturers were successful in convincing some hunters that they need 3-1/2" loads to kill geese.
That could be said about almost everything in the hunting world, consumers want faster, more power, etc. Look at guns, scopes, ammo, rangefinders and the list goes on and on.

The hunting industry is no different than any other, manufactures are in a constant state of improvement, some things are better, some the same, consumers want choices and they will decide, if it is something they want.

I am sure many hunters are like myself, I don't really buy a lot of things I get because I need it, I buy it because I want it. There has been adequate and proficient firearms, ammo, scopes etc for decades, but consumers are always wanting to try something new, hunters are no different.

There are very few manufactures that would survive without constantly improving their product, or offering different options, it is the catalyst for many of the improvements we have seen over the years.

Personally, I don't shoot 3 1/2 shells, but could not really care less who does, none of my concern what other hunters choose to use.

Last edited by bobalong; 10-08-2014 at 08:58 AM.