Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Banned

No one has stated that there is a huge problem but when a guy see's places like 40 mile mountain and the mountain above harrison flats on the clearwater, the ridges in the hummingbird and canary creek, and open grassy hills above sick mans camp on the south ram , the hills behind the ranch buildings at the ya ha or the bluffs in Smith creek on the blackstone that used to hold winter populations of hundreds and are now almost void during the winter, it worries me. Maybe we are jumping the gun but to do nothing I dont beleive isnt right either.

Sure maybe a wait period isnt the best idea but most of the guys here are just trying to come up with ideas that will least affect hunters(as no one wants a draw or once in a lifetime hunt)and still possibly help our sheep herds out. We know a change is coming in the near future and that is unavoidable so why not work to minimize the change as best we can.

And maybe more sheep hunters or hunters in general that say the big problem out there is wolves and predators should do their part and help control this, not just sit around and complain that the government wont do anything about it!

I know a few guys on here would like if I would just stop posting but sheep are my life. I put more time in the off season looking at sheep than most ever put in hunting them. I know what I know. Maybe it isnt layden with 5 syllable words and has many spelling errors and hasnt been backed by any outdoor writers or biologist( they for sure know there animals but just like anything can be manipulated with funding so are usually favering a certain direction to keep that funding coming) but its my opinion on may hundreds of hours per year of being out there not googling it on these things. So like me or hate me I aint gunna slow down on this topic for anyone! No matter how threatning the couple PM's are.
SG