View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Eagle View Post
I went through a process to build a rifle off a factory model 7 as it was the lightest factory build I could find in tons off research. Check out a wildcat composites stock . It will add to the overall process, but it is that much more of an accomplishment when it is completed. I got to pick a custom paint job, fit the barreled action, bed it, install and fit recoil pad . While some of my work was not 100 percent, it was a huge learning curve, and I will know way more on the next one. I had a bunch of machining done on the bolt, and swapped out everything I could for lightweight components. Scoped I am under 7 pounds for a 300 SAUM.

Sounds like a nice rifle.
I will be calling wildcat when I receive the action. I am trying to use as much local talent to finish the build. I almost regret getting gunwerks to build the barrelled action but you can’t deny their craftsmanship.
My goal is to have a rifle under 7 pounds once I’m complete. This one is coming in 280AI with a 22” fluted sportster contoured barrel. Hopefully I will be able to reach my goal.
Thanks for the advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk