View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Eagle View Post
I went through a process to build a rifle off a factory model 7 as it was the lightest factory build I could find in tons off research. Check out a wildcat composites stock . It will add to the overall process, but it is that much more of an accomplishment when it is completed. I got to pick a custom paint job, fit the barreled action, bed it, install and fit recoil pad . While some of my work was not 100 percent, it was a huge learning curve, and I will know way more on the next one. I had a bunch of machining done on the bolt, and swapped out everything I could for lightweight components. Scoped I am under 7 pounds for a 300 SAUM.
Not to highjack a thread or anything but D Eagle, I just bought a barrelled action stainless in 300 SAUM. I’m excited but it has to be on the back burner till spring. But I’ll be buying a wild cat composite stock as well.

I agree with getting a stock from wildcat composites as well, great guy to deal with. As of bottom metal, I don’t know what you should do. What caliber of rifle and what’s the main purpose of the gun?