View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
It’s definitely easier for those who come from wealthy families or given a leg up being able to focus on education and this goes for all no matter what race you are. There is people of all races that face this.

We all still have a choice to make something of ourselves even if it’s not easy. The problem is most will say they can’t because it’s too hard or impossible. Others will use it as an excuse for their actions. Watched this first hand and still see it with some childhood friends

Either way pity and giving people excuses because they have to overcome a rough start does nothing to help them if anything it lowers the self esteem of some and gives others a reason to give up
I completely agree that it's still a choice they have to make, no matter how difficult, and also that pity and excuses will not help either. I think there needs to be a middle ground that recognizes and accepts these challenges, while at the same time finding a way to help empower people who feel the challenge is too difficult to overcome. I think that sadly there are a lot of families (of all races) within a multi generational cycle of emotional instability and trauma, and there needs to be more done to help empower people to break free of this cycle.