View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 08:53 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
x2.

Last hunting season I caught a few hunters loading an untagged moose into their truck, not a "keeper" in the bunch. I took a picture, got the licence plate numbers, and called RAP. The CO explained to me that he had a lot of country to cover, was not in the area, and would likely not be showing up. I asked about the pictures and licence numbers, he half heartedly told me to call the office and give it to them. Through the grapevine I found a couple guys who know the hunters involved, the call was never followed up at all.

Very disappointing, because I stumbled upon what I would have thought was pretty much a worst case scenario for a poacher. I understand that the pictures would not necessarily have resulted in charges, but if the CO had at least contacted and questioned the individuals they might think twice before trying it again. To the best of anyone's knowledge, no attempt whatsoever was made on this front.

They sure do a good job of making sure nobody enjoys a beer or two while ice fishing though, so I guess that's something.

Spread very thin and yup when they do show up ya better have all in order....if your doing something wrong and ya know it then don't be surprised when ya get busted....I bet there in box is full of jobs waiting to be followed up on....things take time....spoke to the fish cops last week on the ice and they mentioned even on a lake if it is busy then they just stick to one area u less they get pulled away on a call etc....undermanned occupation for the area to be covered but they are doing a good job.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...