View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I sent Kuny's an email asking if their products were made in Canada and haven't received a reply yet, so I'll take that as a no.

I planned on buying Occidental bags ($390 at Lee Valley) until I found the Kuny's (~$200). I'm a not a carpenter, just want a nice belt/bag set up for projects around home and the farm. I try to buy North American when I can and believe in buy once, cry once. From the advice here, it sounds like I'm on the right track with the Occidental Leather products.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that the back packers are all trying to get the weight off of their shoulders and onto their hips, and carpenters are trying to get the weight off their hips with suspenders.

when I was younger and starting hunting back in the sixties there were not many back packs around. Most people used a single strap pack that was hung from one shoulder. There were a lot of single strap packs around from the second world war or the first war. Recently I separated a shoulder and was looking for one of the single strap packs like we used to use but there are not many around. I did find a few but the prices they wanted for those packs was crazy so I went with a fanny pack which I had in the basement. You can't pack much stuff so you are careful what you select.