View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Walking is more efficient then running a 1 ton but not very practicle is it but ok I'd like to know at what distance the 26 nosler will out penetrate a 6.5 cm?
Let's say 8" as a happy medium of hair, hide and muscle. Work for you Kurt?
Are you serious? At what distance will a 26 Nosler out penetrate a 6.5 Creedmoor??? I think the obvious answer is at any distance.

In my opinion, where the Creedmoor becomes a bad choice is past the 400-600yd range depending on the animal you’re after and bullet selection of course.

I think a better question is at what distance will it mean the difference between a lethal or non lethal shot? I think the answer lies somewhere around most people’s maximum shooting capabilities, or in other words, I think the Creedmoor is capable of making a lethal shot on big game as far as 90% of hunters are capable of accurately shooting.

Keep in mind few hunters can shoot past 300yds accurately in field conditions (and that’s being generous), despite what they may believe. Trust me, I see it every single year and judging from these discussions there are a lot of guys who think the magnum will compensate for their marksmanship. The fact is, the magnum will only help if their marksmanship is as good as they think it is, which in most cases it is not.