View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I have yet to see where anyone has said that “ you need” a magnum or a 30 cal to kill a North American ungulate.

Marky Mark said you need one to get a bang flop. Said he doesn’t like tracking. I tried explaining its shot placement that is responsible for bang flop, not headstamp. Several people have said a magnum works better or a 30 cal works better, I said under normal Hunting ranges it doesn’t matter, that bullet construction has more to do with it.

You can pick apart my point all you want, if you can’t understand what I’ve been saying by now it’s highly doubtful it’ll ever sink in. Obviously there are advantages to magnums, especially at long range, but there are also advantages to the smaller cartridges as well, like barrel life, recoil, and weight.

You’ve been on the other side of this since day one, said it a “needmore” now after hunting season we can compare results. The proof is in the pudding, you just don’t want to see it. We can compare results again next year after season, see if the results change by then? I’ve been seeing the exact same results year after year, I highly doubt they’ll change. (A 260rem and Creedmoor are pretty much ballistic twins)

I said use a cartridge within its range, pick a proper bullet, and shot placement is key. That’s it, only I probably used s few more words.

Then there is the 6.5’s and their ballistic coefficient advantages for retaining energy down range, which is part of what reinforces the Creedmoor’s ability to penetrate at longer distances, that’s the math Stinky’s been posting. I happen to understand the math and can’t argue against it. Combine that with modern bullet construction and it gives you the ability to use the smaller cartridges with good results.

You must have been on a few hunts this year, probably seen a few critters taken? Were the results any different than mine?