View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
The moral of the story I get Kurt, with the legendary capability & overwhelming popularity of the 6.5, you have 6 confirmed kills with anything but. The 6.5 shooters all miss, or shoot them in the ass or the antler ?
No, go back to moose #3, a 6.5 shooter (260 Rem) hit the moose in the hump at 393yds and dropped the moose on the spot, it did however require a follow up shot to dispatch from point blank. Also if you read about the elk, first shot with a 300 win mag was shot in the hind quarter, the 280 shooter shot an antler but I was there and can vouche it was because he was assuming he was hitting low because the deer didn’t fall over so he held high.

The only reason I piped up on these 6.5 threads it to try and dispel the false notion that you need a 30 cal or magnum to kill a North American ungulate. Out of 6 animals, 3 were shot with a 30cal magnum, and none of the three died any faster or deader than the three animals shot with non magnum, non 30cal cartridges. My findings this fall are exactly as I suspected they would be, and exactly what I’ve been trying to explain to the guys on the forum.

Unfortunately some don’t want to hear it, would rather try and tell me that a magnum is the answer, or a 30cal is the answer, try to tell me a 6.5 Creedmoor is an inadequate big game cartridge, or that a 280 isn’t the best cartridge known to man.....