View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 11:15 AM

I went through the same. And $4000 a year on a new truck is still VERY high. Im 27 now. My Accident Fell off my record 6 months ago (it takes 6 years). My insurance is now finally at a reasonable price. I tried to buy a new truck when I was 23 my insurance payments would have been more than the truck payments. Thats what you get with Privatized Insurance. For a couple years I actually switched everything to BC (I had a buddy living there, used his address) and got insurance without carrying my driving record over (so essentially registered my vehicle as if i was a 16yr old with no record) and Paid half what alberta companies wanted me to pay.

Instead went to an auction with a mechanic buddy and bought something used and in great shape. Still driving that truck. Only just recently looked at buying new again. Insurance is reasonable now but decided I put way too many KMs on a truck in a year (approx 55k.) to finance a truck for 4 years. Rather buy a few years used again at 1/3 the price and drive the **** out of it. One day when it makes sense to have more than 1 vehicle I may get a new truck.