View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
How do you go from a "loyal" collector with millions of miles to not earning one (1) mile as to not lose them? Sounds like he could have been a change in plans somewhere about his rewards loyalty or maybe the card was free from work maybe... Doesn't matter just Seems odd not 1 mile collected.

One visit to Esso would have fixed that (not now, Esso dropped Aerplan for PC Optimum)

June 2020 is the quoted date Aeroplan cuts ties with Air Canada or vice versa
I rarely if ever actually swipe my Aeroplan card, all my collecting is with my credit cards. If I changed cards and cancelled the Aeroplan cards because of the fees...I would stop collecting. If you don't redeem, twelve months go by, you are robbed of your miles. Not a stretch of the imagination to see that happening. I don't even pay attention to how many miles I have collected, until I book something and see where it's at.

I started collecting Aeroplan because one of my suppliers went from Airmiles to Aeroplan points....to none at all. I was thinking of cancelling my Aeroplan cards when they were talking about cancelling their deal with Air Canada, and going with Porter (which is about as useless a deal for a collector as you could imagine)....Anyway, point is people change and cancel cards for a variety of reasons. Life is also usually hectic and busy enough that collecting points isn't on the top of the list, often not even on the radar. So, you don't pay attention, and it bites you in the butt. Life is like that. It is a pretty lousy policy on Aeroplan's part to operate like that though. I'm not a big fan, but at the same time I've got a couple hundred thousand miles accumulated and use them on a regular basis as well. I prefer Airmiles, generally much easier to get my flights...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone