View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
It would be helpful if some of these personal spats could happen off podium. If anyone is thinking Rman is BSing then respectfully, why not sort it out privately? Nothing of any factual basis has been offered to dispute his claim.

Rman, I have read the posts, reviewed the graph and math calcs presented and can see nothing posted that disputes your posted results and take you at your word. Congrats - truly an amazing display of marksmanship. I tried the challenge again yesterday and again failed miserably. I could not repeat your feat off the bench.
Coming atcha Nelson!
Here is the QuickLOAD data to make that ol 38-55 get 2100fps at the muzzle as Mr. Rman claims. This insane velocity is the only way that projectile can reasonably make it to the target with any stability. This was done with several different powders and this was the most conservative curve that could be found. If you look on the bottom right of the window, you will see that once the bullet has made it 16.8mm, the chamber pressures reach a staggering 49,180psi. Almost double the recommended max. People have reported older shotguns exploding (bessiedog) for only using steel in a leag rated gun. I believe that this old relic of a 38-55 would have become a mushroom cloud at the bench long before it got to 2100fps.

Please anyone else that has a 38-55 here is the proof that you cannot obtain those velocites and you will likely be killed. Do not try to duplicate the fiction you have read previously in this thread and please stay within the confines of your loading manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3855BS.jpg (91.8 KB, 50 views)