View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM

One thing I will also say is the Bergers weigh more consistent than any other bullet I have used. I weighed every one of the first 50 and everyone weighed exactly 175 grs. It has taken me awhile to be swung over to the Berger side of the fence. But every time I was at the range the long distance shooters I spoke to all used Bergers and they said the same thing. The consistency of the bullets is exceptional. I'm going to Kansas this year to see how they work on a big bodied Whitetail and will report back on their performance. There is an interesting comparison on the internet that Barnes did comparing their triple shock versus the Berger and Accubond. Berger builds their bullets to go initially through bone, skin etc. and then dump all of their energy inside the animal. This comparison shows it perfectly, going through an intitial layer of ballistic gel, then a shoulder bone and finally all ballistic gel. Google Barnes bullet comparison and look at the pictures. It is interesting. 2 different theories on bullet performance because without a pass through the blood trail is not that large, however when they go straight down 3 feet tracking is not required. We will see but for know the paper performance has been excellent.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. (Mark twain)

if you don't have the time to do it right now,
how you gonna find time to do it right later !!!!!
(truck window)