View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Are you aware Sage that F&W treed and shot 14 problem cougars in the Sundre area at tax payer expense? I'm not from that area but it seems like the cougar population is at extreme levels in the area.

The number of cougars that trapper caught seems very extreme and is not commonplace in my opinion.

I know for myself if I was catching that many cougars I would pull my snares. Like everything else there's good and bad in every bunch and the bad is generally what makes the most sensational news story.

I go to great lengths to avoid non target catches (deer in my area). I've caught hundreds of coyotes the past few years and have never killed a deer. I've had a few a year released by my breakaways. These breakaways also released a few very valuable coyotes for me. It's a cost I'm willing to accept to prevent deer catches.
Thanks for your post from what you write sounds like you are concerned about other animals out there as well.
I have read about the 14 shot by the F&W as well and I would want to no why they were deemed as a problem and by who for many of them probably did not be deserved to be destroyed as well.