Thread: Rural Theft
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 05:45 PM

Funny, I first read this post yesterday. I work up in the Conklin area, but reside in camp 10kms or so from the hamlet. Took my personal truck to the gas station in town this afternoon, just to get out of camp for a couple hours and the first thing I see is an RCMP pickup driving by the entrance to our work site. I got to town and there was an additional 2 RCMP trucks waiting near the store talking to a local business owner. I figured something must have been pretty serious to see that many units lingering around. When I was inside the store both pickups sped out of the lot and headed south toward LLB, I walked outside to see what was going on but missed what they were after. A local man said they sped off in pursuit of a black pickup with a damaged front end. I didn't get a look myself but he said there was 4 units in pursuit. A few minutes later the two pickups I had originally saw in the lot were heading back North at high speed but they weren't following anything. Not sure exactly what they were after, nor did anyone in the store. I stayed off of the highway for about a half hour just in case, and never saw any more action afterward. I've been trying to look for some kind of news from LLB or Global Edmonton but haven't seen anything yet. Must have been fairly serious considering the at least 4 RCMP units involved.