View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:34 AM

Default Report - Red Deer, James, Raven, Tay, North Raven, and Fiesta Lake

On Saturday, I took a drive down to the Snake Head Natural Area, just outside of Sundre. The river was little murky with limited visibility. A long hike between pools but still a nice place to fish. I had fished this stretch 30 years ago and forgot about it until I pulled up on the gravel bars on the East side. I will be back later this summer, in the fall for sure.

Checked out the James and a few different locations, pretty muddy, fast and un-fishable in my opinion. Checked out Fiesta lake, and dam I wish I had brought the inflatable along. I will be back to fish the QSTF. I poked around the Raven for a bit, didn't see anything. Booted it down the road to the Tay, it too was high and mucky. Decided I'd go and give the NRR a try.

Went to the old buck for wild life site, one group just leaving another pulling in and two more already fishing the stretch. Headed over to Coulson's and there was 3 more vehicles parked there. Grabbed the rod and head to fish a few holes that have held fish before, but it was obvious they had been fished hard this day.

Headed home from there. 650Km day, no fish, my dog got to be a dog for the day, beautiful weather, beautiful country...priceless.

I'll be heading to the potholes with the inflatable now until late June!

BW