View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
The law abiding citizens I guess...

There might be someone with SRD worth contacting to potentially speed up their process in protecting these fish like they should be but I am not sure who that would be. At a minimum they need to get Tiger Trout listed as a game species here in AB, imo they should also place special restrictions on them as well.

And you have to realize these anglers are taking advantage of SRD's incompetence to load up on an expensive fish that we taxpayers paid for...

These aren't your regular put and take lakes or rainbow trout of which there are plenty that these anglers could go catch. Instead they choose to take advantage of this poorly handled situation to load up their freezers...

The Tiger trout were meant to be a diversification to allow anglers the opportunity to target another species here in AB not just to fill a handful of anglers freezers... SRD has asked for them to be released but they shouldn't be asking they should be telling...
That is exactly what I meant. I'm not talking at all about nailing those that are killing them, that is their right. Just to get F&W to understand what is happening and that they might want to do something about it...earlier rather than later. A few "hot" calls might just get some action. Also, I'm not looking to blame F&W....somehow |I'll bet they will be a bit surprised about what others are reporting here.