View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
This defense will not work.

From the Wildlife Act.

"(6) Where

(a) a person has the intent to hunt, and believes or appears to believe that the person is hunting,

(b) what the person is purporting to hunt is actually a representation of a wildlife animal that has been set out by a wildlife officer or wildlife guardian, and

(c) having regard to the time when, the location where and any other relevant circumstances under which the activity takes place, the activity would, if that representation were a real wildlife animal of the kind represented, constitute an act of hunting that would be an offence against a hunting provision of this Act,

then the person is deemed for the purposes of this Act to be hunting such a wildlife animal and is guilty of an offence against that provision."
Thanks for the info. When in doubt, revert to the law.
It appears to me that if an individual has a problem controlling his impulse faced with the temptation of a good size rack and is ready to illegally shoot at the animal... Perhaps that individual doesn't have the maturity to deserve Hunting Privileges.
We can agree or disagree on many things. For example, there are people who think that we should go easy on the white tail does this year because of last year rough winter (I am one of them). Some think that it's OK to fill all of their tags... Some only trophy hunt... We can disagree and we can have an adult conversation about it. I will never ostracize another hunter for having a different viewpoint.
However, when it comes at shooting at an animal “illegally”, fake or alive, you are a poacher under the law. End of the story.
I love the fact that Waterninja’s friend son shot the animal… with his camera. Someone thought him right.