View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
The Ford 150 diesel IMO is a bit of a novelty at this point, it's great on fuel but the 5.0L (11,600lbs) and the 3.5L (13,200lbs) both have a higher tow rating. The misperception out there is that the F150 Diesel has a great tow rating but you are better off with the 3.5L if you plan on towing with a Ford 150. So the F-150 diesel(11,400lbs) is more for the guy that drives a lot and want to save some money on fuel. Also, you will only see the diesel in a Lariat or higher trim making it that much more expensive than say a XLT trim.
Dang that sucks. Was thinking this might be a nice truck to look into for a few reasons.

1) I drive a bunch every year. Around 30-40k with commuting
2) I need something that would pull a small stock trailer. (Able to hold 2-3 horses)
3) Want a crew cab for family outings to the mountains/hunting
4) Would prefer not to get a 1 ton as its a PITA to park and run around town.

But I don't need or want a Lariat or Platinum edition truck. Seems like a waste of money to me. If I can get power locks/windows, AC, cruise, and a stereo thats all I need. Anyone have any comments on the Nissan Titan Diesel?
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill