View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The OP shoots rimfire right on his own property so finding a range is not an issue .
However if one wants to compete time management certainly does become a big issue .
Cat
I shoot rim fire on my own property, I have 4 different trainer bb blowback handguns that I drill with during summer months, I shoot my bow all summer, I legally have the space and place to shoot 100yds with large caliber rifles but am aware of the possible nouse complaints from nearby neighbours so I limit my self to only a few rounds if needed because I'm working on a particular gun or load, i have a "private crown land range" within 1/4 mile of my house that i can shoot from 0-1600 yds.

I'm fortunate that my " shooting " and "hunting" areas are within a couple of minutes from my front door.

My dream is to compete in PRS but the time/finance commitments are just not within reach at this time.

Most of my shooting buddy's have 1-2 kids and constantly complain to me how they have no time to scout....( can you take me out to get an elk....) or want me to develop loads for them cause they just " don't have time"....

When I tell them most of my reloading happens before 6:30 am and much of my summertime hiking/ scouting happens after 10pm they figure I'm nuts.....but they can't find the time...and I'm still able to enjoy my hobby and balance a young family life