View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Why would the 85% have to give up a piece of the pie when as it is right now most archery seasons are 2 months and general is 1 month? Maybe the archery season should be only 18% of the 3 months to make it fair?????
I wish everyone would stop talking about percentages. It all boils down to harvest success rate. Right now bow hunters have longer season because the harvest rate is way lower.
Mcbride I am not directing this 100% at you but you everyone who is talking about pieces of the pie and percentages. I would be very curious to hear how many animals are knocked down across Alberta on average during rifle season versus bow season. I'm willing to bet it's a night and day difference. 5-1? 10-1?
More?
I conclude: the more efficient the killing device, the shorter the seasons will get. I do have sympathy for the older folks and the disabled. They 100% should be included in this season. But why an able-bodied person that only rifle hunts would complain about the bow season is beyond me. The simple solution is to go buy a bow and experience it for yourself. I did and I will never look back. It's amazing

Able-bodied people using cross bows in bow season will limit opportunity. Harvest will increase and so will wait times